Stablepharma are looking to recruit a Finance Manager, based in the UK. The role will primarily be working from home, interacting with other team members and partner organisations via video, with an occasional requirement to travel to meetings in London or elsewhere. The role will report to our Chief Financial Officer (CFO).
Stablepharma Ltd. is a biotech company focused on the development of thermostable vaccines in preloaded syringes. Avoiding refrigeration and simplifying use will enable effective vaccine stockpiling and delivery anywhere in the world. Stablepharma is a UK-headquartered biotech with a R&D Centre of Excellence in Madrid, Spain.
We are a dynamic, high-growth company and recently closed part 1 of our Series A round. Following very encouraging data on our COVID mRNA and Tetanus diphtheria (Td) programmes, and additional funds, we are now expanding our team significantly.
We have created a new and exciting position for a Finance Manager, based in the UK. The role will primarily be working from home, interacting with other team members and partner organisations via video, with an occasional requirement to travel to meetings in London or elsewhere. The role will report to our Chief Financial Officer (CFO).
The key duties and responsibilities will be as follows:
• Management of all day-to-day finance operations, including assessing, managing and reporting on financial risks and controls
• Developing and maintaining budgets and forecasts
• Provision of financial information for the executive and board, based on data from our outsourced bookkeepers and accountants
• Paying invoices, including monthly salaries (payroll administration is outsourced)
• Liaising with our outsourced bookkeeping providers, both in the UK and Spain
• Liaising with our accountants, both in the UK and Spain
• Creation of regular financial information in support of our ongoing grants (Innovate UK and EIC)
• Supporting the CFO regarding other financial matters such as fund raising, new grant applications and new commercial partnerships
• Being the first point of contact for queries or questions in relation to payments and financials.
• Qualified accountant
• At least 5 years’ experience in a finance role
• Clear communicator with excellent oral and written English
• Enthusiastic networker with the ability to build strong working relationships, both internal and external to the organisation
• Entrepreneurial spirit, ambition and enthusiasm required to thrive within a high-potential start-up
• Prudent and detail oriented
• Passionate about continuous improvement, demonstrating an ability to test, learn & iterate
• Ability to manage and prioritise workload
• Willingness to “roll sleeves up” and to take responsibility for a wide range of functions from accounts payable through to strategic financial planning.
The role would be ideally suited to someone wishing to work 3 to 4 days per week, but could also be full time. Expected basic salary is up to £55k (plus bonus) for a full time role.
Please send your CV with a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org