Stablepharma are looking to appoint a Strategy & Business Development Manager that will be directly supporting the CEO and the management team.
Stablepharma is a biotech company with a novel, patented StablevaX™ technology that can thermally stabilise and deliver a wide range of vaccines without the requirement for refrigeration. StablevaX™ is a vaccine solution that could eliminate the need for the cold chain and enable stockpiling anywhere in the world. Stablepharma is a UK-headquartered biotech with R&D Centre of Excellence in Madrid, Spain.
We are a dynamic, high-growth company and recently closed part 1 of our Series A round. Following very encouraging data on our COVID mRNA and Tetanus diphtheria (Td) programmes, and additional funds, we are now expanding our team significantly.
We have created a new and exciting role of Strategy & Business Development Manager, based in London, UK that will be directly supporting the CEO and the management team. The role will help achieve our vision of revolutionising and disrupting the vaccine industry, eliminating waste and saving lives.
Duties as the Strategy & Business Development Manager will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
• Work with the CEO and the management team to create and revise company strategy and assist in the global development of the business
• Screening of vaccine opportunities in the global vaccine market
• Conducting portfolio prioritization for development programmes as well as commercial, market assessment and due diligence for each individual vaccine candidate
• Gathering and reporting on competitive intelligence
• Identifying potential suppliers for each vaccine programme
• Act as the key point of contact for vaccine suppliers and partners
• Help negotiate sourcing bulk vaccine and supply agreements
• Work with the CEO in order to establish fund-raising strategy
• Prepare fund raising materials, information memorandums and slides
• Manage the end-to-end fund-raising process
• Identify strategic partners, manage partnering process and negotiations
• Assist with due diligence on potential new business opportunities, as required.
• Perform business development activities, including meeting with potential customers, making capabilities presentations and negotiating contract terms
• Bachelor’s degree (B.A./B.S.) or equivalent in Life Sciences or related scientific discipline. Master’s degree in a related scientific discipline or Business Administration (MBA) preferred. A good understanding of the overall drug and vaccine development process is a plus.
• You will have a strong commercial understanding of the vaccines and biotech environment
• Prior Business Development, Portfolio Strategy, Partnerships or Fundraising experience would be advantageous.
• Prior strategy consulting experience would be advantageous.
• You will have the entrepreneurial spirit, ambition and enthusiasm required to drive growth for a high-potential start-up.
• You will be an excellent communicator and networker, a proactive problem solver, analytical with acute attention to detail.
• Excellent Excel and PowerPoint skills.
• 3-5 years of experience working in the business side of the life science industry.
• An educational background in the biosciences would be advantageous.
• Flexible working with 1-2 days in the London, UK office. Up to 25% travel might be required in a post-pandemic world
• Eligibility to work in UK is a must
Please send your CV with a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org